Villas and Gardens on Lake Como
The villa was built in Bellagio on the shores of the lake for the Duke Francesco Melzi d' Eril and is still private. The project was committed to the architect Giocondo Albertolli and the works were accomplished out between 1808 and 1810. Completely open is its wonderful park that was realized adapting the ground with terraces and bumps, adorned with tropical plants and exotic sculptures, such as the famous group with Dante and Beatrice, a small Moorish temple and a Japanese pond. Also the “orangery", now turned into a small museum, as well as the family chapel can be visited.
Please find hereafter some B&B located nearby: