The Minoprio Foundation is located in Vertemate con Minoprio, 25 km far away from Milan and 10 from Como. It is a large estate with a holding of about 60 hectares consisting of an agricultural and natural park including 10 hectares of orchard. The heart of the Foundation is Villa Raimondi, built in the second half of 1700, and now housing the executive offices. Some rooms in the ground floor feature frescoes and mosaic floors. Very impressive is the wing that slopes towards the river Seveso and leads to the botanical garden.
To the villa and the holding, donated to the “Cariplo” Bank Group by the attorney Enrico Sibiliain in the 60es, over the years new buildings have been added: greenhouses, nurseries, stores and a Higher Institute of Agriculture. In 1980 the whole property was acquired by the Lombardy region, which manages it through the Foundation Minoprio.
The Foundation organizes training courses, hosts exhibitions and can be reserved as a location for any kinds of events.
Please find hereafter some B&B located nearby: